Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to assist the IT team with the implementation, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing, HR and finance systems throughout the application lifecycle.
The IT Support Technician role contributes towards the day-to-day delivery of our IT Support service to our users. The primary function is to provide quality and timely support across the entire Company, principally face-to-face but also through phone, email and remote assistance, always maintaining service quality, accuracy, timeliness and client satisfaction.
Skills you’ll use every day:
- Effective communication skills when responding to internal customers queries
- Prioritising helpdesk call queries and resolving in the appropriate timeframes
- Effective communication used to keep the caller up to date.
- Continuously improve IT Operations policies, procedures and processes.
- Mentoring of 1st Line Support Technicians to improve 1st line technical knowledge.
- Update all knowledge base articles with the latest available information.
- Ability to follow procedures to ensure calls are handled correctly.
- Ability to develop a good understanding of key technologies in use at Williams.
- Understand logical fault-finding techniques and put them in to practise to resolve calls in a timely manner.
- Understanding of ITIL in order to contribute to IT Department Process Improvement initiative.
- Support other Operations Group personnel and help mentor less experienced team members.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to any IT services, to the IT Operations Manager
The successful candidate will be able to:
- follow procedures to ensure calls are handled correctly,
- develop a good understanding of key technologies in use at Williams,
- understand logical, fault finding techniques and put them into practice to resolve calls in a timely, professional manner
- understand ITIL in order to contribute to IT Department Process Improvement initiative,
- support other Operations Group personnel and help mentor less experienced team members,
- provide recommendations for improvements to any IT service to the IT Operations Manager.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are five minutes from Wantage, our closest town.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 21st October 2019
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.