Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
This is a key role for supporting the operation of the car during race weekends, ensuring that we maximise aerodynamic understanding of the car and make well informed setup decisions.
As a key representative of the aerodynamics department, you will need to have an excellent grasp of the overall aerodynamic program and be able to communicate effectively between the development aerodynamicists and the race team.
Key operational Duties:
- Supporting race and test events including a significant amount of travel
- Understanding and communicating development items and the expectations from track tests prior to the event
- Analysing and presenting aerodynamic data to aid both car setup and longer-term development
- Identifying and reporting aerodynamic weaknesses that are limiting the car performance
- Staying abreast of current car development philosophy and inputting key track observations
- Driving improvements in data analysis, tools and processes helping define a best practice analysis methodology
- Assisting in the selection of appropriate instrumentation or further experimentation to characterise aerodynamic components
- Collaborating with the Aero development groups to derive conclusions
- Excellent knowledge of race car aerodynamics with an understanding of wind tunnel and CFD environments
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to extract and present meaningful data concisely
- Good understanding of full race car data acquisition hardware, software and their limitations
- Knowledge of full scale simulation techniques, race car setup and the trades between aerodynamic, mechanical and tyre optimal setups
- Knowledge of Matlab
- Excellent team work and communication skills
- Ability to make and communicate decisions effectively in a time-critical environment
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are five minutes from Wantage, our closest town.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 11th October 2019
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.