Williams F1 are seeking a capable design engineer that has strong interest in Design, Production and Planning to join our Design Department.
Purpose of the role
To liaise between Design, Production and Planning to specify, plan and design suitable jigs and fixtures to support accurate, repeatable, timely and cost-effective manufacturing.
To scope, plan, design and release jigs and fixtures to suitable standards, costs and timescales to meet development and production plans laid out by the business.
- In conjunction with the Design Groups and End Users, produce jigs and fixtures, to the highest standard whilst working within the, ‘Fit, Form and Function’ methodology.
- Design, draught and tolerance jigs and fixtures to ensure assembled components can be built to engineering defined tolerances.
- Supply any build instructions that may be required.
- Ensure compliance to required delivery dates and report any deviance and the associated causes.
- Assist with identifying ways to improve the performance of the department and address the wider needs of the various stakeholders.
- Maintain positive relationships with JFD colleagues and other business departments.
- Follow the company’s Health and Safety policy and ensure H+S is a consideration in every design.
- Maintain a high standard of staff and departmental presentation, as appropriate for a world class facility visited by potential sponsors, partners and other VIPs.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.