This is an opportunity to join a team of dedicated and driven engineers to develop and improve the CFD processes at Williams F1. The CFD team is integral to the development of the Formula 1 racing car and are eager to develop processes that further aid knowledge and understanding of car performance throughout the company. The team is looking to introduce new methods and technology to achieve this and to expand the group to provide a solid foundation for the future.
- Work with the senior engineers to understand correlation and develop methods and process to improve this.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development the existing CFD processes and tools.
- Assist in the investigation and evaluation of alternate methodologies for the CFD process.
- Assist in identifying ways to improve the efficiency of the CFD process.
- To be familiar with the departmental work strategy to guide CFD methodology development.
- To offer support for the CFD process within the aerodynamic department.
- To follow and keep track of faults with the CFD process and develop strategies to resolve issues.
- Assist in ensuring that the CFD simulations, and analysis thereof, are carried out to high quality standard and implementing improvements where necessary.
The above list is not exhaustive and additional duties will be determined through liaison with the core CFD group as required.
The ideal candidate finds programming easy and enjoys learning under their own initiative. If this is you, and you don’t meet many of the criteria below, we would still encourage you to apply.
- Some programming background, preferably with a focus on engineering applications
- Industrial experience with the ability to demonstrate transfer of knowledge from academia
- F1 experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of Python, Java, C++, and Unix shell scripting would be beneficial
- Experience of StarCCM+, ANSA, and NX would also be beneficial