We are currently seeking a Software Developer to join our Systems and Software team. The person coming into this role will be involved in state-of-the-art simulator work supporting our research, test and race driver development programmes.
The successful candidate will assist the Team Lead of Software and Systems Vehicle Science in developing, maintaining and researching software for use within our suite of vehicle analysis tools. The Vehicle Science Software and Systems are critical to the activities of the Vehicle Science and Vehicle Performance groups at Williams and within the operations and race team group.
Key responsibilities will include –
- Supporting the development of in-house numerical Vehicle Science models
- Support research and develop methods and algorithms to improve the performance of the off line and real-time applications within systems and software.
- Play a key role in developing new applications to support the race team where identified
- Support the department team lead with other design & modelling activities within the whole company.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill/knowledge:
- Programming ability ranging from high performance code in C++ to GUI in .Net (C#).
- Have effective communication and analytical skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Be self-motivated, thrive in a challenging time critical and technically challenging environment and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Enjoying problem solving and finding innovative solutions
Previous successful candidates have had:
- An interest in gaming and problem solving
- A background / interest in Engineering or Science
- An interest in machine learning