We are currently seeking a Race Strategy Engineer, working within the Race Strategy group at Williams F1 and reporting to the Head of Race Strategy, this role will provide support for trackside events including all FIA Formula 1 championship races. Self-motivated, with strong analytical skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines, often under pressure. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to thrive in this challenging yet highly rewarding role.
The primary responsibilities of this role include;
- Support of trackside events including all FIA Formula 1 championship races.
- Numerical and Statistical analysis of data.
- Reporting on and cataloguing of data.
- Development and support of existing tools and models.
- Research and implement new techniques for future development.
The successful candidate will have;
- A degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics.
- Experience of numerical and statistical methodologies, and their applications.
- Logical approach to research, problem solving and reporting.
The following would be an advantage:
- Relevant Master’s degree.
- C++ • C# experience.
- Experience of data analysis using MESL/ATLAS.
- Technical experience of high level Motorsport / Race strategy