We are seeking an Electronics technician to produce and supply sub assembled Electrical/Electronic components to internal and external customers. The role will also involve the assembly and calibration of various on and off car sensors. You will also ensure that all parts are built to an agreed specification with known history to meet agreed delivery dates whilst being proactive within the department.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Electronic board population
• Sensor build and test
• Fault diagnosis and rectification
• General electronic build
• Race and test support
• Workshop organisation
• Stock management
• Mock up, Manufacture and Calibration of on/off car Electronic components & sensors, pit equipment and other ancillaries that may be required.
• Provide Electronic support where necessary to allow for modifications and upgrades to current/future factory test facilities.
• Monitoring of data with the use of onboard telemetry as well as fault diagnosis and rectification of any problems that may occur.
• Ordering of stock and consumables to allow for Electrical/Electronic build for WF1 and customer projects.
• You will be proactive, able to work unsupervised using your own initiative, dedicated and will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Staff Development & Training
Further development of skill base to include race and test support to allow for issues with current resource which may involve limited travel to test /race circuits where necessary to be agreed with Electronic Production Forman/Assistant Forman and relevant department heads.
The ideal candidate would have completed a recognised time served engineering apprenticeship in a relevant discipline complete with supporting academic qualifications.